Apart from national representative activities and projects, we regularly contribute to EU level initiatives as consortium partners or consultants. Some of our former projects:
Participation in the “OPEN EWC – Making TNC more transparent inclusive and accessible to employee involvement” EU project, coordinated by CGIL – FILCAMS (2017)
Participation in the “Improvement of employability and apprenticeship in tourism sector” (IdEATE) EU project, coordinated by Federturismo Confindustria (2017)
We participated as consortium partner in the “Sector Skills Alliances-Tourism and Catering” (SSA-TC) EU Project in 2013-2015, where the aim was to develop a new curriculum/qualification based on the actual needs of the tourism and catering industry. After the evaluation of skill needs, skill gaps, skill shortages and skill mismatches in the sector across Europe, this new curriculum/qualification aimed to provide high level skills at EQF level 4.
Within this project, our main tasks were to:
• Identify and assess the training needs and skills analysis of the Tourism and Catering Industry in Hungary
• Examine, translate and compare the qualifications /curriculum for the Tourism and Catering Sector in English language from Hungarian
• Contribute towards the production of a Strategy Paper on the need for NEW qualification/curriculum related to the Tourism and Catering Sector
• Participate in the Quality Management and Assurance procedures such as Per-Group evaluation and External Evaluation.
• Disseminate the findings of SSA-TC Project at regular intervals including media releases
We were also consultants of the “EU Qualification and Skills Passport (QSP)” which was initiated as an EFFAT – HOTREC Social Dialogue project and integrated into EURES, the European jobseeker mobility network.
Participation in the dissemination of “SAFE HOST” EU project (2013)
In addition to this, in 2010-2012 we have organised a programme with our social dialogue partner on how to ease the effects of the crisis. In several conferences we have presented best practices how to save on the energy costs, HR best practices, best application of manpower agencies. For two years we kept alive our service where an expert group was ready for consultation on energy saving issues in our offices 2 hours a week. They also made several on-site visits to consult the interested partners on energy optimisation.